Wednesday 13 March 2024

Ancestral Healing Review and Extract


Mind Body & Soul Ezine Book Review: Ancestral Healing - for Your Spiritual and Genetic Families by Jeanne Rutland & Shantidevi. Published by Earthdancer (an Inner Traditions Imprint). RRP US $15.99 : Can $19.99 

The book begins with an instruction by Jeanne Rutland. This book uses practical exercises, meditation, journeying and rituals using Hawaiian Huna, trauma and shadow work, shamanic and energetic traditions that pertain to Aumakua spiritual ancestors, your higher self and your forebears that can go back thousands of years. Repressed emotions, family secrets, betrayals, injustices, unfulfilled lives, distress and illness can be handed down the generations. The Aumakua and other terms are explained. Love and gratitude are at the core of this book.

Text from the introduction:

“I would like to thank my paternal grandparents with all my heart. They always believed in and supported me. They carried me, protected me, and encouraged and helped to shape me. They were always there for me, giving me love, a sense of security, and the courage to follow my own path in life and live the way I was born to live. Thank you for all the love that I was privileged to experience because of you. I bless the other ancestors whose blood has commingled in my veins and I thank my parents for giving me the life that I have taken into my own two loving hands. I pass the love that I have experienced and that life so that all those who come after me may have a part of it. I bless you.  I would like to thank Aumakua, my spiritual ancestors, who are part of my Ohara family. I have a connection to the powers of the Earth, and of the universe, and I thank the whole line of my spiritual ancestors, for all the initiations, deep within the universe, and for insights that have illuminated my path and forged a link to my spiritual powers, and my abilities, my true heritage. May this blessing flow into every realm, level, and dimension. May these lineages, heal and rise into the light, and when the time is right, may we reconnect with one another in enlightened love.” Jeanne Rutland.

“I thank you, those ancestors, who came before me, for the gifts of life and love. There would be no me without you, and from the bottom of my heart, I honour and revere you and your life. I thank you sincerely for committing me as your descendent, through your very existence, to learn so much of the mystery of life, the distortions of love, and the blessing of redemption through love. In particular, I would like to thank the ancestors from my paternal grandmothers lineage, who were priests. You have long been the source of comfort and blessing, of light, and of support. I thank you my spiritual ancestors and teachers on my path, who through training and initiation have led me to deeper understanding of the spiritual path we follow as human beings.  I thank my soul for all the valuable learning, insightful memories from the past. These are the parts that make up my potential as a whole, slowly reassembling themselves, bit by bit, piece by piece. I now feel completely connected with Heaven and Earth, with the angels and the ascended masters. I feel nourished and blessed by your spiritual lineages. I have been granted permission to learn that unfulfilled love in family systems, ultimately sends us on a quest for the one true lasting love.” Shantidevi

How to see our parents differently. Eclectic, personal story, interesting! 

Review by Wendy Stokes https://wendystokes.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.