Saturday 21 July 2018

Shen Therapy

SHEN THERAPY
Fully Certified Provider: Vijay Rana
 Cost of 1 hour £50
London Venue

Website: http://www.emotionalintegration.com/

SHEN - Specific Human Emotional Nexus - takes place on an individual basis, as a retreat or in a group setting. It is a gentle and non-verbal treatment and takes place while the client lies fully clothed in a cradle (a soft canvas table style bed). The therapy works on the principle that memories of distress, caused by accidents, shocks, emotional upsets, etc., remain embedded within the physical body and the practitioner's hands are used to move and release the memories, thoughts or emotions associated with these events. Symptoms, such as fear, sadness, guilt, embarrassment, disappointment, lack of confidence and exhaustion can be relieved.

The therapy room was of a perfect temperature and pleasantly decorated. My therapist, Vijay Rana has been a SHEN practitioner for ten years. I sat in a comfortable chair and we talked for a brief time about my expectations, concerns and past troubles and Vijay was caring empathic, accepting, supportive and non-judgemental. I felt very safe with him. I was asked to lie on the cradle, which was very comfortable, and I closed my eyes. I could detect Vijay in the vicinity of my head and could feel the proximity of his hands. I could also feel his level of expertise and concentration on transmitting healing energy. I was immediately aware that all the usual chatter in my mind, drifted away, leaving my feeling very calm. I then felt Vijay's warm hands being gently placed on areas of my back. This created waves of shivers, similar to the type of sensations I get while listening to a wonderful piece of music. These waves continued and there was an extraordinary warmth to them. A blanket was offered if I felt cold but was not needed. After 40 minutes, I felt I wanted to stretch and yawn and I felt energised and well rested so we discontinued the session at this points. Vijay stated that some sensations might continue or emotional material brought to the surface following the session, I was prepared for this but only felt a desire to stretch and yawn more than usual.

More than one hour session is usually required for a therapeutic level to be achieved. I found the therapy comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable. I especially liked the non-confrontational and non invasive approach and that nothing was required of me as a client. Wendy Stokes reviews books, conferences, courses, therapies, music and card decks. www.wendystokes.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.